SKSTORMKEEPERS
September 23, 2017, 03:18:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tribes Vengeance not out in Singapore yet ...  (Read 7724 times)
[SK] Louie
Tempestaldur

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2004, 02:07:06 AM »

... local players forced to resort to *ahem* versions to try it out. Online multi-player mode is not working, obviously, since CD-key checking is enforced. Early reports elsewhere indicate that single-player mode is pretty good, except for the "player ragdoll physics", and hardware requirements are not as severe as that for Doom 3.

In other news, in yet another snafu, the local delivery of Half-Life 2 has also been delayed. However, resourceful players may be able to download and play Counter-Strike Source, which is built on the Half-Life 2 "Source" engine, online without having to install Half-Life 2 at all. Russian hackers have found a way to authenticate with the central servers and enable multi-player mode. There are unconfirmed rumours of super-low latency servers already available on the Singapore ONE Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) with pings as low as 29 ms ...
Xac
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 01:20:36 AM »

according to http://www.gameshop.com.sg/  T:V should be available today....

I'm going to check out Sim Lim/Funan later :P
[SK] Louie
Tempestaldur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 06:03:21 PM »

It's usually cheaper at Ah Lim's shop at Serangoon Shopping Centre. He's selling Half-Life 2 for $59-$60 when the "recommended price" is $69.90  :D - usually about $10 cheaper than everyone else.
[SK] Louie
Tempestaldur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 06:05:55 PM »

As for the Counter-Strike servers, it's confirmed that there are at least 4-6 local Singapore servers, all with pings of less than 50 ms.

If you're in the neighbourhood, look for [SK] Louie ... :D - I'm the one languishing at the bottom of the scoreboard, or in better times around the middle ...  ;D
Universality
Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 09:40:25 AM »

CS comes with Halflife2, right?
Xac
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 10:55:36 PM »

yay, I got T:V

about US$30

playing the story mode
[SK] Louie
Tempestaldur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 12:16:22 AM »

Yup, the latest edition Counter-Strike: Source (CS:S) comes with Half-Life 2. Heck, I haven't even played the single-player mode yet, jumped straight on to the CS:S servers! lol

Waiting for the Tribes Vengeance scene to take off in Singapore so that I can do the same "buy-it-at-a-slight-discount a-few-weeks-later" trick and then jump on to the servers as well.
Universality
Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 07:40:42 AM »

not sure if it's true, but was tribalwar.com started (or co-started) by some singaporeans?
Loewe
Stormkeeper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 07:37:11 PM »

Aint done too well yet here in Europe...seems one ladder already fell apart and some of us stubborn guys dont want to jump to TV due to the engine from UT >:( =shit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print